While I’m traveling, I love picking up a little something here and there that I can turn into a souvenir. Often antique stores and vintage shops will have keys readily available, which I think would make a fun, wearable keepsake. Here is how to make your own patina key necklace to enjoy!
patina key necklace supplies
- hydrogen peroxide
- vintage metal key
- necklace chain
- glass or plastic bowl
- Pour just enough vinegar into the bowl to cover the key. Let key sit in the vinegar for 10 minutes.
- Add in the same amount of hydrogen peroxide as you did the vinegar (equal parts) to the key in the bowl.
- Sprinkle salt over the key.
- Let this mixture sit for an hour or even more. This all depends on how much of a patina you would like on your key.
- Dry, seal (optional with a spray sealer), and hang on a necklace chain.
Craving more DIY ideas? Check out our others here.