Hi! I’m Jennifer.
As a Biology major, I happened upon my love for writing. After teaching high school science for 4 years, I stayed at home with my children, and it was then that I started journaling my thoughts on daily life. I submitted a few of my pieces, which were published in books. That was followed by writing for local magazines, and I eventually started a wedding blog and women’s magazines.
In 2019, I decided to leave print publishing, take my decade of writing experience, and pitch pieces to major outlets in the travel realm. I also began doing freelance work and ghostwriting for clients. In the process, I discovered that I love taking thoughts and conveying them in the written word.
what I do well as a freelance writer
- Convey information in a clear, professional manner with an interesting, relatable tone.
- Come up with creative ideas on topics and how to best communicate them.
- Work on tight deadlines while providing excellent pieces.
- Write independently without having to be micromanaged.
- Incorporate SEO keywords in a way that makes sense while gaining traffic.
- Source free use images when needed.
what I enjoy doing as a freelance writer
- Writing articles and blog posts.
- Providing copy for websites.
- Writing blurbs for social media posts.
- Providing ad copy for both visual ads and advertorials.
- Scripting newsletter articles and email copy.
freelance pricing structure
All web writing includes SEO keyword research and implementation.
- Website copy – Starting at $800, which includes copy for front and about pages along with copy for 2 additional pages.
- Blog, article, email, and newsletter writing – Starting at 20 cents per word.
- Social media posts – Starting at 20 cents per word with a minimum batch of 10 posts.
- Ad copy – Starting at 20 cents per word.